1. I do not have much space between my doors and the balcony, can I use your product?
A. Yes, you only need a minimum gap of 2cm. The easiest way to check this is to measure the distance of your panel to the edge of the handrail, then measure the handrail to the outside face of your door. You will find that there is plenty of room as the panel folds and holds out of the way.
2.Once I fit a Romeo Shelf to my balcony, does it have to be removed each time I want to close my French doors?
A. The Romeo Shelf is different to any other shelf exactly for this reason. The Romeo Shelf can be folded downwards when not required so your doors can be closed any time.
3. Do I have to have the shelf central to the door?
A. No you can place the Romeo Shelf in any position on your balcony.
4. I do not have a handrail only glass, can I still use the Romeo Shelf.
A. Yes, it will attach onto glass between 8mm and 15mm thick.
5. I do not have a gap between the glass and the top rail, can I use your product?
A. No sorry, at present Romeo Shelf will work only if the glass can be directly attached to the glass, a minimum gap of 20mm is needed. However this does not apply to balconies using iron bars.
6. What tools are needed to attach the Romeo Shelf?
A. All tools needed are supplied in the box to attach the Romeo Shelf. These are two allen keys and a wrist strap.
7.Will connecting the Romeo Shelf to the balcony damage the balcony glass?
A. No, the glass will be undamaged.
8. Will the iron bars of the balcony be damaged when installing the Romeo Shelf?
A. A small mark will be made when the tightening the grub screw. However the bracket itself will hide this, otherwise the balcony will remain untouched.
9. What is the maximum weight that can be placed on the Romeo Shelf?
A. We have extensively tested the Romeo Shelf in multiple scenarios. We can guarantee that a correctly installed Romeo Shelf will take a maximum weight of 20kg or 40 filled bottles of 500ml water.
10. Will the shelf rattle when outside in the wind?
A. No, the Romeo Shelf locks in the folded downwards position and will not rattle.
11.How long does it take to install?
A. With a basic DIY knowledge it should take around 5 minutes to fix onto glass and about 10 minutes for wrought iron.
12. I am concerned that I might knock something off my Romeo Shelf over the balcony what can I do?
A. The Romeo Shelf is perfectly safe, however if you are concerned we also sell an additional product called a Dragons Shield. This clips onto the Romeo shelf and is a permanent addition to the shelf, follow the following link for more information. www.romeoshelf.com/dragonshield
13. I have a small balcony can I use your product on it?
A. Yes of course, there is no reason not to enjoy all the benefits of a Romeo Shelf on any size of balcony.
14. Is the shelf glass strong?
A. Yes it’s extremely tough. It is made from certified high tempered glass. The Romeo shelf is made to last.
15. I live near the sea, will your product rust?
A. No, the Romeo Shelf is made from the highest quality grade 316 marine quality stainless steel and will not rust.
16. Will the shelf require any maintenance?
A. We recommend a small amount of oil on the hinge mechanism every 12 months, just to keep the action smooth.
17. Are there different sizes of the Romeo Shelf available?
A. We currently have two sizes the solo (300mm x 210mm) and the duo (600mm x 200mm). However, arriving shortly will be the Romeo Table, at 900mm long and 600mm wide it should make quite an impact.
18. I have a curved balcony will it fit?
A. The solo Romeo Shelf will fit a balcony with glass or iron bars providing the radius is greater than 1000mm.
19. Do you sell different colours of glass?
A. We only offer the clear option at the moment, but watch this space.
Unit 4Yew Tree Business ParkHopeLL11 9RGSales: 0844 251 1783Office: 01978 762977
The Romeo Shelf is just the first of many innovative products to be created by Romeo Products Limited. As well as many other fantastic ideas for your balcony we will also bring you other great home fashion products that add style and functionality to any home. Check back often to see more or sign up for our new product notifications.
Need a Juliet Balcony? Try Northern Stairparts - Online Retailer Of Juliette Balconies.
Romeo Products Limited has their designs registered with: